Are you searching for a Full HD camera with over sized buttons and easy to use menus? One that is perfect for both teaching your kids photography and letting them enjoying it without concern? Do you want a waterproof and shock proof camera that will help you capture the fun and laughter in your family’s life no matter where you are and what the environment is like? The Nikon COOLPIX S33 may be the right choice for you.
Thanks to its built-in technology, this camera is ideal for skiing, amusement parks, the pool, the beach – above and underwater – and any other outdoor adventure you can think of. It is designed to withstand whatever can be thrown at it, shockproof and freeze proof, making it perfect for training and using by kids.
The Nikon COOLPIX S33 is a simple and easy to use camera, which makes it very attractive for kids.
It is fitted with over sized buttons that are designed to be user friendly for hands of different sizes. There are 2 shutter buttons, both located on the camera’s top, which is very convenient, especially for kids – one button is the shutter release button and the second one is for video capture (great idea, isn’t it?). Its comfortable dimensions – 4.3 by 1.1 by 2.6 inches, and its light weight – 7.8 ounces – makes it one of the lightest digital camera for kids. It is available in 2 colors – white and blue – and has a shiny, “elegant but compact” design, that together with its gentle curves makes it portable and easy to handle.
Its display is smaller than in similar cameras – 2.7 inch. The display resolution is 230 dots – basic, but definitely does the job.
The Nikon COOLPIX S33 is designed to create beautiful photos of the people you love. Its menus are simple and easy to follow, but like most digital cameras these days, it gives you the opportunity to just point and shoot some great photos, without having to tweak any of its settings. All you have to do is set it to Easy Auto mode and the camera will automatically adjust the settings in order to get the best shot possible.
If you or your kid are interested in a more advanced photography setting, you can easily use the camera’s menus. The menus are basic, but if you are buying it for your kid, you probably don’t need more than that. The settings “language” speaks in terms of results, rather than using photography terms. For example – if your kid is interested in changing the exposure, they will choose between Darker and Brighter, rather than more or less “exposure”. Cool, isn’t it?
- 2 megapixel CMOS sensor, which creates high resolution, low noise, pictures, and also enables low light photo taking.
- 3X wide Angle NIKKOR glass zoom lens. You can finally get closer to the action thanks to the legendary NIKKOR glass lens. This enables the camera lens to go from a wide angle that is great for portraits and landscape to a telephoto one that is perfect for close-ups especially sports, concerts and nature. If you need to zoom in more, it has 3X zoom capabilities with 6X dynamic fine zoom which is an enhanced digital zoom function that effectively doubles your camera’s reach (Although in general, digital zoom may reduce the quality of the photo).
- Built in flash, located above the lens, with a maximum range of 3.1 meters.
- Smart portrait system that activates several features which are ideal for portraits (for example – face priority AF, Skin Softening and Smile Timer)
- Underwater face framing feature that makes it easy to shoot photos of people when underwater. This is probably the most eminent feature. Shooting photos underwater not only enable getting photos you wouldn’t usually be able to take, the lighting and underwater effects create extraordinary photos.
- Image effects like Selective color, Miniature, Skin softening and more, that can be applied very easily. You don’t need any additional photo or video editing software.
- A motion detection capability which kicks in automatically and selects a faster shutter speed and higher ISO (light sensitivity), that enables taking sharper and clearer photos. Useful when taking photos of moving subjects like cyclists, ball playing, etc.
- Full HD and stereo sound – At the touch of a button, the camera becomes a versatile HD video camera. You and your kids can record videos and sounds at Full HD 1080p which you can stream in your home and get to view it for years to come. Thanks to the effects feature, you can add miniature and even make an entire scene look like a toy model.
- Waterproof, dustproof, freeze proof and shockproof – Every parent adores their child but as you already know, kids can be a little careless. The camera is designed to be shockproof ensuring that it can handle accidental falls when mishandled. This ensures the internal electrical components are well protected. It is waterproof thus can be used underwater to record videos and take photos.
- The batteries are good for 220 shots, and can be charged with a USB cable, so you can connect it to your laptop or car adapter – very useful if you’re on holiday.
The Nikon COOLPIX S33 can be a great choice as your kid’s first digital camera:
- Its over sized buttons and simple menus makes it very easy to use.
- It’s durable – waterproof and shockproof – and can be used everywhere.
- It has a cool, elegant and compact design.
- The photos are high quality, thanks to the 13.2 MP CMOS sensor.
- It’s fun to use and enjoy. Effects are easy to apply (no need of video or photo editing software).
- It’s also a video camera.
- Great value-for-money rate. One of the less expensive cameras in its class.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Out of stock
Price: $139.99Was: $149.95